Imagine you just got home from a busy day at work.
And you need to eat something, right now but you don’t want to go out again for the day.
You also don’t want to cook or do anything but eat. But there is no prepared food at the moment, so you are at a loss.
This can be frustrating. And unless you are in a habit of making homemade food, there may not be any solution to this except continuous boredom.
Wouldn’t it be great if you could just go to the kitchen and eat something you have prepared before? Or open your refrigerator and be presented with previously prepared food?
This is what the Aroma Nutriware 6 Tray Digital Dehydrator wants to do for you.
It is affordable and suitable for making jerky and variety of dried foods.
With this dehydrator, you can enjoy sweet treats made from fruit, make potpourri, dried herbs and spices, etc. In fact, you have access to endless source of dried foods, fruits, and everything in between.
And if you have a dog, your dog will never be tired of the treats you make with this unit.
- 0.1 Features
- 1 Full Review of the Aroma Nutriware 6 Tray Digital Dehydrator
- 1.1 Digital LED Display
- 1.2 Plastic Housing
- 1.3 Transparent View
- 1.4 5-Year Warranty on the Aroma Nutriware 6 Tray Digital Dehydrator
- 1.5 Ease of Use
- 1.6 Ease of Cleaning
- 1.7 The Outer Shell
- 1.8 The Inside
- 1.9 Performance
- 1.10 The Good
- 1.11 The Bad
- 1.12 Final Words on the Aroma Nutriware 6 Tray Digital Dehydrator
- 5-year manufacturer warranty
- BPA-free material
- 6 mesh sheet for small fruit
- Digital LED display
- Clear front view panel
- 6 removable stainless steel drying trays
- Cool-touch white plastic housing with rear fan
- Timer range from 0:30 min to 19:30 hrs, with 30 min increments
- 8 temperature settings from 95 F to 158 F
Full Review of the Aroma Nutriware 6 Tray Digital Dehydrator
Digital LED Display
No one wants a burnt jerky.
And certainly no one wants a burnt vegetable.
The Nutriware Dehydrator comes with a digital control with five buttons to operate the temperature setting.
Since you can view the temperature setting at any point during dehydration, it becomes easy to monitor your food especially when you are busy.
The open digital control also allows you to get a precise temperature setting. The button on the middle is used for switching off/on the dehydrator.
Another button is used for timing the dehydrator while another is used for setting the temperature. The temperature range includes 8 settings starting from 95 F up to 158 F. While the timer setting is from 0:30 min to 19:30 hours at 30 minute increments.
This dehydrator is made from plastic with 6 removable stainless steel drying trays and a rear fan.
It also comes with 6 mesh sheet for drying small food like herbs, etc.
At the sight of plastic, some users cringe because of the possibility of BPA in the material used in production.
To allay your fear, the Aroma Nutriware is made from BPA-free plastic housing, so there are no harmful chemicals after all.
This unit is suitable for use every now and then.
If your plan is to buy a food dehydrator that you can use regularly and heavily, this may not be the best option for you. Some users have complained that the plastic brittle and crack after a few months of usage.
The panel view is completely transparent so that you can monitor the progress of the food you are drying.
If you are going to be checking the progress of what you are dehydrating at night, you many need a flashlight. With a good flashlight, you can watch things from across the room. This efficiently eliminates time wastage.
5-Year Warranty on the Aroma Nutriware 6 Tray Digital Dehydrator
Often, warranty gives you peace of mind since you know you can easily return a defective product and get a replacement or your money back.
Moreover, your warranty last for more than one year as common with other models. When you buy other products, you may not even think about using the warranty because the time is so short.
However, with 5 years to go, you can be laid back. If there is ever any defect on the unit, you will be able to use your warranty effectively.
Ease of Use
Manipulating the control on the Aroma 815 Dehydrator is as easy as the press of a button.
The controls/buttons are conspicuously placed on the top of the unit so that you don’t have to bend or turn around to have access to the controls.
The two extreme buttons are designated for temperature settings. The button with plus sign is for increasing the temperature and the one with minus sign for reducing it.
There are also 8 heat settings to choose from. When you start the unit, it operates and maintains a steady temperature setting till your food is fully dried.
You can monitor and track with the timer, which starts at 30 minutes and lasts for 19 hours. And both the temperature setting as well as the timer can be observed with the LED display on the top of the unit.
Ease of Cleaning
Both the lid cover as well as the 6 trays can be completely detached from the unit to be washed. They can be cleaned in the washing machine.
Since the unit is plastic itself, you can clean it with a dishcloth and soapy water. Because of the possibility of liquid trapping inside sensitive part of the unit, you need to be careful when you are washing the it.
The Outer Shell
The outer shell of the Aroma Nutriware 6 Tray Dehydrator is made from high-quality plastic that stays cool to the touch regardless of the temperature settings.
It measures roughly 19 x 14.9 x 13.8 inches and weighs 15.2 pounds.
When placed on the counter top, the unit looks slick and it is equally easy to clean.
The material is BPA-free and gives you a good view of what you are drying at any particular time.
It features a clear removable panel and the top has LED display and button controls, which provides an easy access.
The ventilation slot on the top of the unit and the rear fan works in tandem and reduces overheating.
Now let’s move inside the unit and see what is there and how things work.
The heating elements that produces the heat are placed inside the unit with the 6 drying trays. The trays are made from stainless steel which adds to its durability and toughness.
They are easy to use, enduring, and ready to take abuse.
The trays measure 13 x 12 inches and can support 1 lbs of food at a time. The tight grid pattern effective as it ensures even dehydration.
Moreover, there are additional mesh sheets, guides along the sides of the inside, and a drip tray at the bottom of the unit.
You can use the mesh sheets for drying tiny berries and fruits. The guides along the sides serve as a blueprint for proper insertion and arrangement of the drying trays.
And the drip tray at the bottom of the unit is used to collect unwanted residue while the machine is doing its thing.
Why do you shut all the doors when your air conditioner is working? Yes, to keep the indoor cool. This unit uses the same mechanism.
It is fully enclosed so that the heat will not escape while the unit is operating.
Moreover, it won’t heat up your kitchen so that you don’t have to monitor the progress of your food from afar.
Some users have stated that this food dehydrator can dehydrate jerky in 8 hours and kale in 2-3 hours.
There might be slight changes but trying this out yourself – with whatever you are drying – will give you a better idea. As for blueberries, you may need to prep them if you want them to dehydrate properly. Smaller items like herbs can be dried with the mesh sheet.
Other items you can dry are soaked nuts, strawberries, apples, mixed veggies, kale chips, chicken and ground beef jerky, nut cheeses, crackers, wraps, brownies, and sliced organic meat. Fortunately, you only need 4 trays to hold 3 pounds of meat so you can use the rest trays for other items.
The unit is quiet, just a soft fan sound while working. The airflow blows across the unit so that parchment is effective.
And with a flashlight at night, you can watch the progress of the food you are drying even at night.
This machine comes in a decent size and suitable for those who only have a limited placement in the kitchen; although, the cord is short you might need to add more length to it if your power outlet is far away.
Generally, this is a decent dehydrator for those who are looking for a food dehydrator with stainless steel trays, timer to keep things organized, and flexibility to dehydrate variety of food items.
- It is quicker and easier than canning. And you don’t have to purchase pricey equipment like jars, lids, etc, to keep your dehydrated food. It is easy to use and allows you to complete a moderate batch at a time
- Small footprint. It is not too large that it would take up too much space in your kitchen. This is good for people with little space to spare on their counter top
- Good for making dog treats. If you like to spoil your dog with good homemade treats, you can use this food dehydrator to make chicken and beef jerky for your dog
- This unit uses the horizontal flow technology. This feature ensures even distribution of airflow inside the unit so that food is dried properly. This feature helps you save time as it eliminates the need to rotate or shuffle the trays. Moreover, the heating element and the fan work in tandem to promote accurate dehydration of food items
- You can adjust the Aroma Nutriware from 95 F up to 158 F. This wide temperature range gives you precise temperature setting which is necessary for dehydrating variety of food items
- If you are looking forward to a booklet that contains lots of helpful tips and recipes, you are in for a little disappointment. The manual is modest in terms of the recipes provided, so you may have to search online for better recipes
- This machine may be loud when operating. If you intend to use this in your garage, this might not be much of a problem. However, if you only have your kitchen for this, then you may need to keep up with this unit
- There is a learning curve involved, especially if you are just learning how to dehydrate. Moreover, you shouldn’t expect this to produce result within minutes, you may need to wait for a few hours for your food to be done. However, it removes the need to put on your oven for hours at a time
Final Words on the Aroma Nutriware 6 Tray Digital Dehydrator
If you are looking for a dehydrator for drying large number and variety of food items and still maintain their nutrients and flavors, this is the option for you.
With 6 spacious trays and an effective horizontal flow technology, the Aroma Nutriware Digital Dehydrator gives you an opportunity to dehydrate large batches of food items for friends and family.
In this Aroma Nutriware 6 Tray Digital Dehydrator Review, you have learnt all you need to determine whether this dehydrator is for you or not.